~Review~ Laura Mercier Oil Free Supreme Foundation in Toffee Bronze....

Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Hey Everyone!!

Today, I am going to bless ya' with a foundation review. lol!

Foundation + 80 degree South Carolina= Jamie looking like a melted piece of Rolo Candy.:/

However, it can be done. You can wear a foundation in the summer. I like full coverage foundations. I want to be flawless all year around. That's just my taste. I got the chance to try out Laura Mercier Oil Free Supreme Foundation for the first round sweat in the heat down in these parts known as Spring.

Here we go:


Laura has developed an innovative new oil-free foundation that gives skin the ultimate coverage, comfort and wear for a flawless complexion.
  • Oil-free, non-drying, lightweight formula glides on evenly on to skin and does not settle into fine lines.
  • Visibly minimizes the appearance of pores for smoother skin.
  • Buildable coverage, from moderate to full, evens skin tone.
  • Provides a soft matte finish.
  • Long wearing formula (lasts up to 8 hours) feels lightweight and comfortable on skin.
  • Silicone-free, fragrance-free, non-greasy.



(Pictures of me with the foundation and blush, no setting powder or translucent powder)

Pros:
-The shade that I picked ( from a picture) was a spot on match. Thank God.
-The coverage is buildable...from medium to full, depending on what you use to apply it.
-Feels comfortable on the skin in the hottest of hot.


Cons:
-The price point could be too high for some at $42.
-It needs to applied with a brush or sponge so that application isn't streaky.
-The bottle is glass. I'm known for shattering glass foundation bottles.

Overall:

I really, really love this foundation despite some negatives. I would pay $42 for this foundation because the match is spot on and I get full coverage, medium coverage and somewhat light coverage in one bottle. I have several different foundations that have different coverage that would probably equal up to one bottle of Oil Free Supreme Foundation. Laura Mercier never fails me!

I use E.L.F. Pro Powder Brush and a spritz or two of M.A.C. Fix + to get a flawless medium application like in the photos. I use a regular dry sponge for full coverage.

So....what do you think, cuzins?!??!  Let me know in the comments. Do you have any Laura Mercier favorites?




2 comments:

Unknown on 1:47 PM said...

What color are you in Mac foundations?

Unknown on 3:14 PM said...

Hi!

I haven't worn a MAC foundation in over 8 years, so I don't know! :(