~Weekend Goodwill and Sal Val Thrift Haul~

Monday, September 26, 2011

Got out this weekend for some great thrifting! I didn't get alot of items but I what I got was better than whole bunch of so-so pieces. I went to two Goodwills and one Sal Val in two days and I was pretty busted afterwards. lol!

I only got one item from the Sal Val (Salvation Army in TheEccentricDiva speak lol) and was it everything I was looking for...the perfect demin jacket!!!


Calvin Klein Jeans Demin Jacket...$5.99...XL...PERFECT FIT!!.... super soft...probably from the 90s. I still have a pair of CK Jeans khakis that were my Grannys but I wore after she died in 1996....they are size 10.:/
Next up are items from two Goodwill Stores...

Eggplant blazer-$1. I slay the Dollar racks at our Goodwills! I normally head them first then back to jewelry, shoes, handbags, bric-a-brac....
Walmart George label coat-$1...this brand, when in stores, never fit me quite right. This jacket fits but is snug in the upper arm area.  *shrugs*
vintage Sears top-$1...cute!!

Black blazer with red piping-$1....uhhh....I think its a flight attendant's blazer. lol
 See.....That's the Northwest Airlines logo


Hilarious!!! But its dope though....LOL!
Vigoss jeans-$7.49 I paid "full price" for these because I'm building my demin wardrobe back up in a different size...all my jeans from last year are too big and sag in the butt...LOL.
Dana Buchman flats-$4.50...They have a tear in the back...but I wasn't leaving Dana Buchman flats in MY SIZE on that rack, hunny....
Organizer from Target-$1- for makeup of course....
Ecco sneakers $4.50- This sneakers are like $139 sneakers retail....As soon as I saw the label I threw them in the cart.
BCBG Max Azria flats - $4.50 ....!!!!!....Ok!!! They fit but are a little uncomfortable afterwhile. Typical of pricey flats. My flats from the beauty supply store never hurt. lol!
Vintage earrings-$1 a pair. love them all!!!

So what you think about my finds??


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice haulage. I could have hooked you up with a denim jacket from Calvin Klein, but I think the size is a large or x-large. The caveat is that it has a snakeskin print. What in the hell was I thinking when I purchased it? *lol* But I barely worn it and I doubt I will in the future so I am planning to donate it. I want to do some thrifting but first lemme donate a bag of clothes and make a list of what I need. As for those shoes, I think you can get it repaired. Dana Buchmann ain't cheap around my corner of the world. I need to be patient when thrifting, that is my problem.

Unknown on 8:37 PM said...

LOL @ the snakeskin on the CK jacket! We all have those crazy what was i thinking purchases. lol! I donate ALOT...I'm a purger ( libra) by nature, so if something doesn't fit or I don't want it anymore, I give it away. Dana Buchman ain't cheap...I remember when I worked at Hechts, my co-worker paid her $1500 mortgage selling DB suits. She didn't even buy her own clothes, she sold so much, she got a free wardrobe each season. Patience is key with thrifting and keeping your expectations realistic. I have days were I can go in and come out with nothing.