Jamie's Weight Loss Diaries....#9 Weigh In....

Thursday, March 10, 2011


***Thursday is Weigh In Day...I weigh myself ONCE a week. I can't jump on the scale every day, all times of the day, when I feel fat, before a date....too much on my medicated brain. lol! Once a week is good for me. I'm a born again scale person. I'm just now embracing the scale. I avoid it all thru my teens and twenties....***


March 10, 2011

0 lbs

Down to 224lbs

(15 lbs lost since 12/30/2010)


None. Zip. Zero. No pounds lost. If you were looking for a plateau, you got one.

Every since I gained that 3 lbs in February, its been hell getting it off and the rest of the pounds. sigh....

I was almost in tears this morning. I just want the damn weight off. I'm tired of seeing pictures of me fat. I dont like being overweight. Point blank. This is my story. I know that there are fabulous, thick, sexy "divas" proud of their weight and prowess but for me, I never got comfortable being plus size. I accepted it and dressed and purchased clothes accordingly, but inside, I wanted my old, BC( before kids) body back.

Well, as the day went on, I became refocused and renewed and I'm back on track for the next week. Ironically, during my little morning breakdown, I didnt reach for something to send the emotion away like the mini bag of Cheetos my son left on the counter. I didnt think once, to feed the emotion. Now, that's a pound of progress worth losing!


Jamie








3 comments:

Donna on 12:01 PM said...

I don't know what you are doing for exercise but you have to remember that muscle weighs more than fat, so if you are replacing fat with muscle at all, you might sometimes not lose any weight, but you will still be losing inches.

My sister was working with a trainer at the YMCA, and she was stuck at a plateau but she still noticed that her clothes size was going down. That was the reason, She was building muscle while she was losing fat.

I don't know if it will help to remind yourself that you have already lost a lot of weight, and those times when the scale isn't showing much, just say to yourself, "Well, I want to keep the weight that I have lost off too." So losing 0 is still good!

I guess to me losing weight is like climbing a mountain, and just hanging on is better than sliding back down, and sometimes you just have to hang on, catch your breath, and then move forward again. Even if you slide back a little, you definitely don't want to keep sliding and fall back down to the bottom! Just remember all those pretty little clothes waiting for you at the top of the mountain! lol

Unknown on 1:31 PM said...

Hey Jaime,
Maybe it will help for you to know during my 60lb weight loss journey, I have had MANY plateaus. Sometimes even small gains. I have stuck with it though and I'm here to tell you those little setbacks will piss you off and stay on your mind, but don't let it affect the final outcome.

I have 28 more lbs to lose and I will be the smallest I've been since my youngest daughter was born 16yrs ago. I have got to this point many times over the past 16yrs and always stopped short of reaching my goal. SELF-SABOTAGE! That WILL NOT BE ME this time around, I will do it DAMMIT and so will YOU!

If you need a weight-loss buddy, hit me up on FB anytime!

Unknown on 8:27 PM said...

Donna and Toma- I'm so sorry it has taken me so long to answer you comments.:) I've carried both of your encouraging words and advice with me all week long. Especially about the muscle gain and Toma's weight loss. Thank you Thank you Thank you ladies. Those words meant alot to me and kept me on the right track! XOXO