My 1st "Nappiversary" Week!: What products I'm using NOW....

Tuesday, November 09, 2010

 Ok....I'm going to do a run down of the products that are working for my hair right NOW. NOW as in, if sometimes happens and I need switch it up, I can do that. One important lesson I learned over this year is that I can't play "product junkie" with my hair.Things go down hill when I do that, so when I find what works I don't stray away.

Shampoos and Cleansers

Organix Cocoa Butter Shampoo:  I used this weekly for my shampoo. Its a moisterizing shampoo.


Bee Mine Shampoo Bar: I use this bar to clarify every three weeks. If my hair feels heavy with product, I'll use it when needed.


Suave Daily Defense Conditioners: Co-wash condish, once a week


Hair One Hair Cleanser: Just bought these  and haven't use them. Trying see if they work for my co-wash.;)
 Conditioners and Treatments

Aphogee 2 Minute Reconstructor: I'm currently using this every week to get my hair back in shape after wearing wigs most of my 1st natural year.

Bee Mine Bee-U-Ti-Ful Deep Conditioner: I deep condish once a week and go between this one and two others depending on the needs of my hair. Sometimes I need a light protein, a heavy moisterizing, or a heavy protein. Bee- U- Ti- Ful is my heavy moisterizing treatment

Bee Mine Avocado Cream Balanced Conditioner: My light protein. I do 20 minutes with a plastic cap under the dryer with all deep conditioning

Burts Bees Raspberry and Brazil Nut: I use this as a medium to heavy protein deep condish.

Aphogee Keratin and Green Tea Restructurizer: I use this only after I do the 2 Minute Reconstructor and after I Deep Condish.

Motions CPR Triple Action Leave-In Conditioner: This is my creamy base Leave In that I use with the Kimmaytube Leave In Recipe
Daily Moisterizing

I moisturize and seal twice a day. My hair can handle it and needs twice a day M &S.

Spray Bottle with water: to make my hair pliable when M&S and added moisture.

100% Glycerin: Its been working miracles for me so far. I put about two tablespoons in the spray with water and I get the softest hair.

Palmer's Olive Oil Hair Milk: Best daily moisturize I've used this year. Its light so you can build the moisture you need in layers.

Water Bottle with a tablespoon of Bee Mine Avocado Cream Condish Mixed In: I use this when I feel my hair need a little daily protein

Eco Style Olive Oil: I use this gel for my edges. I dont do raggedy edges. lol
The Oils

I used oils to seal the moisture in. I normally do a Coconut and Olive Oil mix but recently I picked up Grapeseed Oil and Avocado Oil to add to the mix.

Everything I use is for MY hair's needs and might not be for your hair's needs. I have very thick, tightly coiled hair that loses moisture very easily.

Stay Tuned for "What I Learned Being Natural  This First Year"!!


6 comments:

Unknown on 10:06 PM said...

The main thing that jumped out to me is that most if not all of your products can be found locally. I think the only thing you have to order online is the Bee Mine. Nice, basic, and affordable.

I think we sometimes get caught up in the rush of trying different things. I admit I'm a bit of a pj.
I'm definitely keeping some of these things in mind when I stop in Rite Aid again.

Unknown on 10:29 PM said...

thanks Danielle! I meant to mention that everything is pretty accessible. lol! I like to touch my stuff before I buy alot of times and it has to be affordable.

As naturals, we are just excited about our hair and the pj in us shows up! lol! Just like that hairone wash. A friend on twitter kept telling me to get it and when I saw it at Sally it was $10 for a bottle but they had the packets for $1.50 so I couldn't resist!

Unknown on 11:46 AM said...

If I could find a local replacement for that Bee Mine Luscious Balance Moisturizer I'd be set. That stuff is my hair crack. When I run out I'm upset.

Unknown on 5:49 PM said...

LOL! I love all my Bee Mine stuff. I'm currently trying to stretch out the Avocado Cream Condish.

Donna on 5:58 AM said...

Wow at all the hair products, there must be no counter space in your bathroom for anything else! lol

Thank goodness there are so many options today. I imagine your grandmother, great grandmother, etc had to be pretty innovative and come up with their own recipes for moisture rich products.

My uncle was telling me that way back my ancestors used bear grease in their hair. Blech!

Unknown on 9:07 AM said...

Bear grease!? what is that made of? lol !My mother said her hairdresser when she was a little girl would condish her hair with eggs and mayo