Review: e.l.f. Brushes....

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I’m not one to spend a lot of money on brushes. Every since I discover the wonderful Essence of Beauty line of brushes…I was done with coveting expensive brushes( currently waiting for EOB to knockoff a MAC Duo Fiber 187 brush).So, when stumbled across e.l.f. brushes for a $1 a piece at one of my local Dollar General, I saw new dawning of cheap brushes.

Total Face Brush: It’s not the softest brush, but it does a great job of lightly veiling the face with powder. If you pick this brush up, wash it first and air dry for a softer feel.

Bronzing Brush: The angle of the bronzing brush is perfect for sculpting under the cheekbone. I don’t know why they call it a ‘bronzing’ brush because it’s a wayyy better “angle blush brush”

Foundation Brush: This brush is my least favorite of my $6 buy. Along with any liquid foundation, it gives poor coverage. Plus, its super, duper, extra hard to clean!! I mean, it took way too long for me to remove the foundation out of it synthetic hairs

Eye Liner Brush: Works well with gel liners and eye shadows. Love it. I plan scooping up another one for good measure.

Defining Eye Brush: A crease brush to have and hold. Plus it blends well. Need another one of these too.

Eye Shadow Brush: I’m kind of on the fence with this one. Great brush but it has too many hairs…its bit too thick.

Consensus: Get the Defining Eye Brush, Bronzing Brush and Total Face Brush. Wash them before using. And watch you have enough money left over for a cup of java!!!



Jamie

3 comments:

roulette00 said...

These brushes are most definitely a sweet find! I stumbled on them not too long ago on the e.l.f. site. They are a dollar apiece there too! Lovin your blog!

Anonymous said...

I noticed with foundation brushes, to thoroughly clean them, you need a drop of oil to break up the foundation. You can use more than a drop but I would start off with a drop of oil and really work it in the brush because if you use too much, then it is a beast to shampoo the oil out. Basically a little goes a long way.

Unknown on 5:48 PM said...

awesome tip anon! Will try and update.:)