Review: Nicka K NK Hi-Def Eye Shadows...

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Hi All!!

I picked up these Nicka K Hi-Def Eye Shadow singles at my local BSS after eyeing them for a while. At this particular store, there is an entire display, about 30 colors to choose from at only $1.49 a shade, so you know you girl had to pace herself!! lol!!

I grabbed 3020,3021 and 3023....no names just numbers.

The pigment is super intense. When I used my MAC 213 brush to apply, the shadow picks up like a loose powder, but there is no fall- out and one layer is all your need. The blending is phenomenal, with the right brushes and technique:)



This is 3023, the black shade. Its kinda holographic, that is, it looks black, goes on rich dark blue but you step back and its a smoky grey...for $1.49.


This is 3020, the green shade....this more true to the shade you see, a very intense apple green





This 3021, the blue shade. Can't have enough blue shadow, I tell ya.... :)
I FEENIN' for more of them! But, the other colors are shades that look like I already have them.They all look like satin shadows, and I need more mattes.I would love create a palette with some of the colors. But at $1.49... I could possible buy all of them for the cost of Dior palette( no offense to my Dior lovers...). haha!
Jamie


8 comments:

HeavenLeiBlu on 1:42 AM said...

So glad to see someone talking about/using the NK HD shadows. I just discovered them and now I'm irritated at myself for spending so much on my high end cosmetics. Over the past month, I've bought like 17 of them, LOL

Unknown on 1:15 PM said...

they are amazing and cheap. i got 3 more the other day to review.im trying to control the urge to buy them ALL. lol!

HeavenLeiBlu on 1:17 AM said...

OMG, I'm fighting the urge too, but at that price, it really wouldn't kill us to indulge! LOL I see you just reviewed/used 3039... it's a perfect dupe for MAC's Bright Fuchsia pigment. It's a pro color that I now don't have to worry about rationing and spilling thanks to NK!

Unknown on 4:08 PM said...

you are right! we could buy them all the NKs at the cost of a five shade Dior palette. What numbers/colors do you like and have?:)

Lyn on 3:22 AM said...

ohh local BSS.. What store is that? I have never heard of it. That is such a good price and they look really good. I'm on a tight budget so no mac for me right now. But I think these would satisfy my makeup craving. It's even cheaper than nyx!

Unknown on 6:19 PM said...

Lyn: BSS- local Beauty Supply Store. its not chain or nothing. i think they would do wonders for your makeup craving!

HeavenLeiBlu on 4:55 AM said...

Oops my bad for the delay in response!

I have:
3031(off white shimmer)
3017 (shimmery light champagne)
3008(light tan-ish)
3033(silver)
3037( matte black/ MAC Carbon dupe)
3005(dark plum/MAC Heritage Rouge pigment dupe)
3025(dark purplish pink/MAC Hepcat dupe)
3031 (mid toned purple shimmer)
3012 (almost lavender shimmer)
3020 (somewhere between MAC Deep Truth and Freshwater...)
3019 (Periwinkle shimmer)
3006 (shimmery turquoise/ MAC Parrot/L'Oreal hip Showy dupe with better texture and color payoff)
3034 ( light turquoise/ MAC Haunting dupe w/ better payoff)
3035 (paler turquoise with golden shimmer)
3010 (pale shimmery green)
3026 (shimmery yellow/pretty close dupe of MAC Bright Force/ slightly more payoff than Crest The Wave)
3027( shimmery light terracotta)
3004 ( punchy matte reddish coral)
3039 ( bright fuchsia/ Dupe of MAC Bright Fuchsia Pro Pigment)
3024 ( pink/blue duochrome/like MAC Stars and Rockets/Pink Pearl Pro pigment, but with a less blue)


My favorites are 3039 (no more anxiety over spilling my pigment!)
3024 ( same reason!) 3006 ( I love a peacock-y eye and the payoff/blending is amazing),3037 ( better blending and payoff than Carbon). I think I'm gonna just go ahead and get them all, since I nearly have them all at this point, LOL.

Unknown on 3:39 PM said...

WOW!!

Thanks! I just made a copy of your list Heaven Lei so I can take to the BSS with me.