The Kitchen-ista: Giada's Lasagna Rolls...

Friday, March 14, 2008

I've been off for last two days from Le Lion. Thank God. I decided to try this Giada De Laurentiis Lasagna Rolls recipe today. First I had to prepare it at home and then take it over my mother's house to bake it. My oven is on crack. Bad. It has no temperture control and I was using some $4 prosciutto and $8 cheese...that thing wasn't going to burn this up!!


It came out okay as you see above. Not as neat at Giada's but it was very easy. Beside making the rolls I had to also make Bechamel sauce for the first time. It came out pretty good. But my stomach can take so much cheese:(. I didn't particulairly like the prosciutto in it. It tastes like country ham( if you are from the south, you know what that is). Next time, I'll do ground beef or chicken.


Jamie

2 comments:

Nemesis on 8:53 AM said...

Those look so good. I'm not a big fan of ricotta, so I don't know if I can try these.

Unknown on 4:48 PM said...

Hey...I've taste lasagna with cottage cheese instead of ricotta. That was even worse. I saw on Food Network where a someone commented that they did alfredo sauce instead of ricotta on this recipe.