I Made Gravy!!!

Monday, February 25, 2008

My mother starting teaching me how to cook when I was about 13. She said to me, "Ain't no man going to marry you if you can't cook." I'm still not married but I can cook thanks to my momma. She taught me the puriest of Southern cooking, biscuits from scratch, boiling rice, cleaning collards, frying chicken and making gravy. I didn't know gravy even came in a packet til I was in college.lol! Saturday, I made me and the kids chicken, rice and gravy and cabbage. And made that gravy, smooth and creamy, from the chicken pan right for the first time. I've messed a couple of times in the past. So getting right finally was so fabulous!!
Now... don't ask for a recipe because I kinda don't remember the measurements of everything with the gravy...:)


Jamie

1 comments:

MCNALS on 11:21 PM said...

my mouth is watering looking at that. it looks delicious. have you ever tried the biscuits (free) at Soby's in greenville? they are awesome....

living in the dorm im stuck eating breuggers and publix subs (have you ever tried them? they are the best!)