Weekend Cooking III...

Sunday, October 21, 2007

I swear on everything I love,I've cooked more this weekend than any week before. I was trying to be "cost effective" and cook at home. Plus I had recipes to try and let ya'll in on.:) This is pic of a Parmesan Risotto I made Saturday night. I've never had risotto but all the cooking shows, magazines and cookbooks make it look to so yummy. So, I picked a simple recipe out of my G.Garvin cookbook. As always, if ya'll want me to list the recipe, I will.:) It was good all by its self with a little salad on the side. My boys ate some too, with some Tyson Chicken Nuggets I popped in the oven for them. Bubba said, "Mommy, this good." I said " Bubba, Mommy, this IS good." lol! G.Garvin's recipe requires to no white wine like most risotto recipes to so I had to add about two extra cups of broth/stock.
After church, I made my "Sunday Supper", Bow Tie Pasta and Chicken from G.Garvin's cookbook. It was so-so. It has asparagus, one of the few veggies I don't like. Plus the recipe called for tomato sauce and chopped tomatoes. Why not the store bought spaghetti sauce of your liking? Because it would have tasted alot better. I had to put my spin on it and put 1tbsp of sugar in it. That saved that situation. The parmesan cheese didn't add much flavor like normally does. I probably make this again, tweaked to my liking. I did like the use of bowtie(farfalle) and chicken.
This morning I made Homemade Pancakes for the boys. I got this recipe out of a Food Everyday Magazine. Can you believe I own baking powder? How many chicks in their 20s and 30s own baking powder? But the recipe was actually a recipe for waffles for a waffle iron. Now I don't own one of those... anymore. I had an ex buy one about four years ago and when we broke up, I threw it away...:).
Jamie
photos:Mine all Mine!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jamie, great work on the new and improved site. I am loving it and I can tell that you are too. No worries about the lack of funds to buy lots of extra clothes, you are doing something that I envy....you are raising 2 young men who will be excellent husbands, fathers, business owners and leaders in their communities. Clothes go out of style, but what you are doing will last forever.
By the way, PLEASE post the risotto recipe. I would love to have it.

Unknown on 4:47 PM said...

anon 4:29-Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!! A little while after I posted this I thought to myself, "I need all that craziness, just money wasted sitting in my closet!"

Anonymous said...

I agree, girl. We all love clothes, but in the end they dont really matter as much as so many other things in our life.