Diary of a Nouveau Nappyhead Part VI

Friday, November 03, 2006


I have two more hair products to review from Oyin Handmade, Honey Hemp Conditioner and Grand Poo Bar.

Oyin Grand Poo Bar- Grand Poo Bar is Oyin's answer to shampoo with out the harsh detergents such as Sodium Lauryl Sulfate or Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate. Because my hair is still short I just rubbed the bar over my wet hair. It immediately lathered and rinsed out beautifully. One wash and my scalp felt fresh. Plus it seemed to be unscented which I think all ethnic hair shampoos should be. What's the point of hair smelling like strawberries when it doesn't last? Plus that's just one more alcohol based ingrediate to put on your precious locks. I will continue to use this in between No Poo. I'll use the Grand Poo Bar every other week.

Oyin Honey Hemp Conditioner-In my opinion the best conditioner I've used yet! I slathered it on put on a plastic cap and left it there for about an hour. My hair was felt silky soft and stayed that way all week. I can't help to think it was the Honey Hemp Conditioner that did it. You even have an option of not even rinsing it out, which I almost didn't do!

J

0 comments: