How Cheeky....

Tuesday, September 26, 2006


Long ago( maybe about six years ago) I was not a blush girl. I didn't even know how to apply it. Me the makeup addict DID NOT know what color I should use. It wasn't until on a "wanderbaout" in Walgreens with "Soror Morgan" that I fell for blush. She,the former beauty pageant queen/the realest girly-girl I know, picked up a plum color from the Cover Girl display and said "Buy This". We went back to apartment where she explained I should smile and apply at the apples of my cheeks. It worked wonders for my lack of cheekbones. These days,I am blush fanatic, always trying different shades and ways I can illuminate my face.Here are my top TEN blush favs:

Loreal Blush Delice in Front Page Peach-From the Photomagique 2006 story.has been compared to NARS Orgasm.

Rosie Jane Cheek Gloss in Marigold- a bronzy cheek gloss for a pretty glow.I wear it in the winter when the wind is blowing for extra face protection.

Loreal Blush Delice in Ginger Snap-From the Loreal Pink Panther color story with Beyonce. Gorgeous golden brown with peach highlights.

Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse in Soft Plum-One the first of the mousse blushes from the Dream Matte Mousse collection. I bought because one of Maybelline African American Models was wearing the color in the display.

VS Sexy Cheeks Mosaic in Champagne-From the old VS makeup line. Great over a DMM Soft Plum Blush.

Rimmel Soft Blush in BabyKiss-When you first see it,it looks too pink but gives a great flush to the cheeks

Loreal HIP Blendable Blushing Creme in Tickled-It's almost cranberry colored. I like to pair it with the new berry lips for fall.

Loreal Touch On Colour in Golden Amplifier-From Loreal story with Beyonce wearing all the rainbow on her face! It's just what it says it is,gold with a punch.

mark. good glowing in Love Glow-A delicious pink found in the Falling in Love Palette from 2003.

MAC Sheertone Shimmer Blush in Breezy-Intense fuschia pink that I have apply lightly and I love it dearly!

What are your favorite blushes and what your secret to a fabulous cheeks?

J

Photo: www.abeautifullife.com

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE blush! My favorites are:
Kimora Lee Simmons' Blush in St. Barths Peach

MAC Blush in Raizin and Dollymix

L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Blush in Warm 8 Sun Set.

Miss Kim, Product Junkie on 1:27 PM said...

My favorites are:

VS Mosaic Bronzer - I use it as a blush

MAC - Prism, Lovecrush, and Cubic

Anonymous said...

I LOVE blush. It has always been one of my "musts"-- eyeliner, blush, and lipgloss are my primary makeup items.

My faves right now are Benefit Dallas (gorgeous bronze color with just enough pink in it) and a limited edition blush by American Beauty that's this bright rosy pink-- I love it, makes me look like I just spent 5 minutes out in the cold.