my st.paddy day massacre!

Saturday, March 18, 2006

Yesterday started off pretty good. It was to be my "mommy"day. The kids were going to day care and I was going to just relax, relate and release.I first went for my twenty minute daily walk around the park then fiddled around on Amazon.com looking for a good book then i took a nice relaxing hot bath. I needed to run some errands one especially to the Apartment complex that I applied for lease. It's the one of two out eight apartment complexes that have washer and dryer hook ups.Plus it looks nice almost like it doesn't belong in this shanty town( sorry i'm still mad) Any ways I had to complete so much paperwork just get approved only to find out that I make and get to much money to live there. The income cap to live there is20,000.20,000!I made more in retail when live in Rock Hill SC working Charlotte NC and I paid 615.00 in rent.The rent at these apartments for a three bedroom is only 430.00!Then the property manager tells me that most of the apts in this town are like that.I said thank you and left but I was crushed.See, I and my twin boys have been living with my mom since I was pregnant.It's crammed and crowded and two grown women can not live together.My mom and I relationship so messed up we hardly talk without argueing.I thought this might be my way out.I literally cried all day.All want is for my kids to have their own room and safe space.I tell you,like old folks say when it rains it pours:( To cheer myself up, I made my fresh guacamole with Baked Tositos. This light fun fare made me feel lot better! Here's the recipe:


J's Fresh Guacamole( for "Rainy" days)

two Hass Avocados(Sliced in half,pitted, and scooped out)
a handful of cilantro(coarsly chopped)
two garlic cloves(crushed)
Juice of a lime
salt and pepper to your taste
a jalepeno(chopped) (optional)

Chunk it all in a food processor for one minute or til lumpy yet creamy. Warm your chips in the oven. Serve on plate with guacamole in bowl.Drink Corona Light, red kool-aid or a clean white zinfandel for the wash down.

love,
J

0 comments: